The under eye area is the thinnest and most delicate area of skin on our face. Therefore it is usually the first part of the face to show our age.
As our age increases, the skin looses its elasticity. Some environmental and genetics factors play a role in wrinkles and fine lines to appear on our face.
The under-eye wrinkle is the normal part of getting older. If we feel more conscious about these aging signs we need to address them through several preventive methods.
What causes under eye wrinkles?
The most common cause of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes is simply aging. But other common contributing factors may be possible to avoid.
Harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays break down the collagen in your skin. Collagen is the main protein in your skin tissue, and it’s key to your facial structure holding up over time. Ultraviolet rays can come from unprotected sun exposure, as well as sunless tanning beds. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)Trusted Source, unprotected exposure to UV rays leads to an earlier appearance of leathery skin and wrinkles.
The strongest predictor of wrinkles in women and men. Smoking exposes your skin to extra oxidative stress, damaging its collagen and elastin. Smoking also constricts the blood vessels in your face, obstructing circulation to your blood vessels and depriving your skin of vitamin A.
Repetitive movements and expressions
Facial expressions, like smiling, frowning, and furrowing your brow, can cause fine lines to develop on your face.
How to prevent under eye wrinkles?
Wear the right skin-care products at night.
“Use a moisturizer and serum that’s specifically designed for the eyelids, which need a different composition of nutrients and moisture than other skin on the face and body,”
Always put on SPF
Wearing a zinc-based sunscreen and sunglasses every day can also help, as can using an antioxidant-based cream that will help protect from the free radical damage that causes signs of aging.
Change sleep habits
Certain lifestyle changes can help keep under-eye wrinkles at bay. For the reasons mentioned above, training yourself to sleep on your back.
How to treat under eye wrinkles?
There are also ways to treat fine lines under your eyes using cosmetic procedures and facial treatments.
1. peels can be applied to the face to remove dead skin cells and promote new cell growth.
- Gently exfoliates your skin every day The Pineapple Peel is gentle and avoids redness and flaky skin associated with harsh one-time chemical peels.
- No need to apply and wash off another product in your routine.
- Key anti-aging ingredients
- With daily use, the Pineapple Peel can diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and sun damage leaving you with clear, smooth, radiant, younger-looking skin.
2. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin underneath or around the eyes to “plump up” the appearance of the face. Fillers are temporary, and most products give you results that last six months to two years.
3. Microdermabrasion is a popular and minimally invasive procedure used to exfoliate your skin.
4. Lasers are becoming increasingly popular as a treatment of under-eye lines and wrinkles.
5. Microneedling is an increasingly popular treatment that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Start showing some love to the area under your eyes from the time you wake up by dabbing on
which doubles as an antioxidant serum to help protect you from whatever environmental pollutants you may come across during the day.